Follow the instructions below to backup or restore data on a Nokia mobile device. Depending on the amount of data to be backed up, a full backup can take up to 30 minutes.
- Ensure that a memory card (Micro SD) with enough free space is properly inserted.
- From the main menu, navigate to Settings > Sync and backup and select Create backup.
- Select Continue and mark the items you wish to backup.
- When done, select Done to start the backup.
- Once the backup is complete, open your memory card by navigating to Menu > Gallery > All content > SD Card.
- Locate and open the Backup files folder.
- Verify the backup has completed successfully by looking for a backup file dated to the present date and time.
- From the main menu, navigate to Settings > Sync and backup and select Restore backup.
- Select the correct backup file you wish to restore and select Continue, then mark the items you wish to restore.
- When done select Done to start the restore.
- Wait for the restore to finish. The phone may restart, but will display Restore complete when the process is complete.